Creamy soba noodles
You need (organic ingredients):
- 90g soba noodles uncooked (I like hakubaku, it’s easy to find in a supermarket or organic health store or Asian grocery store)
- 1 asparagus bunch
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- ¾ cup of peas
- handful of mint
- handful of parsley
- 1 garlic clove (centre removed, chopped)
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 2 generous tbsp. of cashew or almond vegan cheese (get this from an organic health store or make it yourself by mixing boiled nuts with vegan yeast, salt and spices)
- 2 tbsp. pistachios chopped to small bits.
1. In a pot, boil water and cook soba noodles for 3/4 minutes. Drain, add a Tbsp. of sesame oil, mix well so the noodles don’t stick. Reserve.
2. Steam asparagus chopped in pieces and peas until just cooked but still crunchy (about 3-5 minutes). Rinse under cold water. Reserve.
3. In a pan, heat up 2 tbsp. of sesame oil add cumin powder, stir well. Reduce the heat and add garlic, stir well for 2 minutes. Add spinach and rocket, add a little bit of warm water (or broth if you have some handy), let it cook gently for 2 minutes. Add peas, asparagus and vegan creamy cheese, stir until well combined and creamy.
4. Add noodles and stir for another 1 or 2 minutes to bring all the flavour together.
5. Serve topped with finely chopped parsley and mint. Add pistachio on top.