Asparagus on macadamia and pine nut cheese
3-6 hrs soaking.
15 min preparation.
1 bunch of asparagus
1 cup of macadamia nuts (unsalted)
3 tbsp. of pine nuts
¾ cup of nutritional yeast (find in health food store)
1 garlic clove, finely minced
2 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezzed
¼ cup of best quality olive oil
¾ cup of water
1 tbsp. capers
½ tsp smoked paprika
1. Soak macadamias in water for 3-6 hours.
2. Prepare the asparagus by chopping the bottom part. If organic and fresh, that’s all you need to do. If they are thick, it’s best to peel the bottom.
3. Steam the asparagus for 6-8 min. Cool down by rinsing with cold water. It stops the cooking process.
4. Make the vegan cheese. Drain soaked macadamias. In a high-speed blender/food processor, mix macadamias and pine nuts with water, garlic, lemon, olive oil, yeast and salt. The consistency should be creamy and thick.
5. Plate. Spread vegan cheese on the serving plate, add asparagus, then capers. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle paprika and ground pepper and salt on top.
6. Serve immediately.